Logistics management is often defined as art and science of obtaining, producing and distributing material and product in proper place and in proper quantities. Logistics management is the part of supply chain management and can be termed as the secure transportation or flow of goods from the point of origin to the point of consumption in order to meet the requirements of customers or corporations. It plans, implements and controls the delivery of goods according to customer’s needs. Apart from helping you, it also helps in improving the nation’s economy.
Here are some interesting facts:
- Logistics is a critical element in the productivity of the nation. The true Logistics industry is estimated to represent 8.6% of Australia’s GDP.
- Mining is the major contributor to Australia’s international trade profile but it is Australia’s services sector that generates 80% of its economic output.
- Australia’s road freight industry generates $48.3 billion and rail transport industry generates $7.3 billion in revenue. If logistics industry’s efficiency improves by only 1%, it can generate $2 billion of gains in the national economy.
- Industry analysts predict freight task to be doubled by 2030 and tripled by 2050.
- Australian Transport and Logistics provides more than 1.2 million jobs across 1,65,000 companies.